Life as an afternaut
Many people might have misconceptions about a team of young people working on big projects, but at Afternaut, we’re proud to say that we use this to our advantage. We call ourselves space explorers, and the spaces we explore are our communities, which we’re constantly looking to improve.
As a young company, we’re quick on our feet, resourceful, and adapt swiftly. When COVID hit, and a lot of our work in China was impacted, we took the opportunity to cultivate our team’s talents even more. When we first started out, we forged ahead in our work with our clients but realised we needed to shower ourselves with tender loving care. #mentalhealthmatters
a year in recap
- Hired our very first Head of Talent
- Regularly organised Lunch and Learn sessions:
We took turns sharing more about each other as well as taught each other something from our area of expertise, e.g. on User Experience, Brand Experience, Graphic Design
- Developed an on-boarding and off-boarding process, employee career pathways
- Implemented a Learning and Development framework
- Formalised our corporate team consisting of talent development, business strategy, and partnerships
- Engaged external vendors through our network of contacts to give presentations on specific industry-related topics.
- Grew the corporate team further to include a marketing communications person
- Continued employee engagement programmes, e.g. giving a chance for team members to share their skills, such as a workshop on motion graphics.